How Do Adoptions Work?
1) Fill out an adoption application. We have several ways you can do that!
* Go to the Adopt Cats tab here on our website and click on the kitty you're interested in. That will take you to their public profile where you can apply by clicking the Adopt button.
* Download a PDF copy of our Adoption Application HERE
* Go to the Frazer, PA Pet Valu and ask for a paper copy. You can fill it out and return it to the store or scan and email it to us.
2) We will screen your application by calling the references you provided, and perform a few other crucial checks to make sure you will be a good pet parent. This may include a home check to ensure your home is fit for the cat you are interested in.
3) We will contact you via email or phone (or both) to inform you of our decision This step usually happens within a week of submitting your application online. If you submit a paper application to the store, it may take a little longer.
4) If your application is approved, we would then schedule a time for you to pick up your new pet, pay the adoption and microchip registration fees, and sign the Adoption Contract, which you can view HERE.
5) You and your new family member live happily ever after!
What does my new cat come with?
All of our adoptable cats are spayed or neutered, dewormed, flea treated, vaccinated for rabies (if over 12 weeks old) and FVRCP (distemper), and microchipped prior to going to their forever homes.
For more information about the microchips we use, check out our Microchips page.
If adopting a cat from a Pet Valu location, you will also receive a Pet Valu adoption packet that includes valuable coupons such as a free bag of food, free pet tag, free dog wash, and more!